Thursday, August 18, 2016

Rio sights and scenes...

 At the end of the beach path, 2.5 miles and halfway into my runs, a couple of times
I would stop to lift weights with the locals - tin cans for dumbbells. Spectacular scenery. 
Still cannot believe I am in Brazil. It's a lovely place, the people, too,
despite all the problems and challenges.


Hotel rooftop view of Christ the Redeemer, not bad!
Do my band workouts and abs on the roof under the Rio sun.
 Gorgeous flags hanging on nets.

 These two children, a boy and girl, were so fun to watch.
Morning setting practice, this is regularly happening along with 
tons of group exercise classes starting by about 7 a.m. every day. It's inspiring to say the least
 Such a neat tree!
 Kids' swim lessons, YMCA, Rio de Janeiro
 Rio Naval School, where I was the only journalist allowed on site by the U.S. Olympic Committee and USA Volleyball each of my first two days in the country. I got special exclusive access to training, views of sailing practice on Guanabara Bay and saw the track athletes practicing, too.







I found a park right away that featured beautiful art sculptures. 

Neat tiles everywhere!


 Came across a mass high on a hill during one morning run
Nuns on the Escadaria Selaron steps

2 comments:

The Big Sky Brewers said...

Incredible!!!! Thanks so much for all the pictures and descriptions, Jane. I read through them twice. I'm so glad to hear it's been such a positive experience. You have such a gift of connecting with people and capturing their stories. So proud of you! Enjoy your final days in Rio. I'm sure you're also counting the days to be reunited with your family. Love and hugs! Z

Evan and Nathan said...

Great pictures, Janie! I love that you had such a good time because I know you worked really hard while you were in Rio.