Sunday, August 20, 2017

Summer adventures!

 Hall of Famer Orlando Cepeda invited me to sit down for a nice press box chat the other night. We are longtime friends. So special!
 Yep, Steph's a great golfer, too. Fun to spend a day walking the course watching him, and he stopped between holes at one point to give me a big hug and ask about my summer. Most genuine, kind superstar I've covered in my entire career.

 TV interview about Steph with the PGA Channel.
 Lorrie Murray, founder of Alameda Music Project with an after-care program at our school, also at the Giants-A's game that Aug. 1 night.
 Swimming/workout friend Paul came to the Giants-A's with his Trader Joe's store and I was able to bring him on the field for batting practice. He loved it!
 Five special girls!
 Seaweed sheets from the Korean market, gift from Paul.
 Nice visit at Frog Park with dear friend Krisha, her husband Rob and son Kingston!
 Below is from Felicia's 50th birthday party!
 Water balloon girls...
 Steph's recent basketball camp... held in Walnut Creek where former Saint Mary's College assistant athletic director Mike Samuels now runs the facility. Nice reunion.
 Robyn's birthday bouquet at the pool ... Paul got the flowers at Trader Joe's, I brought the vase and ribbon. Teamwork we have at our little sanctuary.
We brought the Tucker's ice cream cake for Ruth the dog's birthday at friend Joy's home. 
It was delicious - none for the pooch.
Two of my stories on the SAME Sunday page in The New York Times ... a special first!

 Always a treat chatting with Hall of Famer Rickey Henderson.

 Pittsburgh Pirates manager Clint Hurdle has been a supportive friend for years from afar,
going back to his days managing the Colorado Rockies. Always a treat to see him once a year.

Katie and her crew were there that night, too. Nice between-innings visit.
And Bruce Bochy has had my back for more than a decade,
even over his own players at times when appropriate. Respect! 

 One day this week, the good folks at Peet's saw me in the parking lot and had my drink ready in the drive-thru. I don't usually walk up to the window like this.

 I've been wearing so much Athleta for work they are now gifting me some pieces like this tank each season with a semi-sponsorship. So thoughtful! They support "Power of the She" theme.


We have SOOO much fun with the Bennett girls!
The girls loved picking carrots with Paul after a recent workout.

No comments: