Thursday, August 21, 2008

Great 'Wall' Day!



My colleague Kathy, a photographer from New York who is working with me at the baseball, and I went to the Great Wall on our lone off day Thursday and loved it despite the pouring rain! Much nicer than had it been hot and humid.



After hiking up some 2,000 steep stairs just to get to the Wall and then probably spending 2 hours walking and hiking the stairs on the Wall, going back down again and then hiking back up a second time looking for Kathy, I opted to take the chairlift down. Check out the sign below! It's quite hilarious.

3 comments:

Lucie said...

It looks like you're having a great time in China! When do you head home? I got your card in the mail the other day...thank you! Thinking of you. xoxo Lucie

Elsa Jane said...

Habitual abortionwoman shouldn't go on the cable car??? And by all means, no funning! I loved the sign. :) Glad you are having fun!!! Thanks for sharing.
Katy

Evan and Nathan said...

Your pictures of the Great Wall brought back memories of my trip to Beijing. LOTS of stairs! The sign reminded me of many trips in Asia, but it really brings back memories of waiting for a tour of a mine shaft near the DMZ in Korea. I got the biggest kick out of reading the sign in the waiting area. It warned that, among other things, "drunkards must stay in the car". I wish I had taken a picture! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
Holly