Monday, April 2, 2018

Arizona adventures

Sometimes we meet people by chance who become immediate friends and maybe we were supposed to cross paths or perhaps it’s purely great fortune. That’s how it worked with dear Colleen Jennings-Roggensack, who I met last week at the ASU pool and tonight, before leaving spring training tomorrow, I am her guest for Hamilton at the beautiful theater where she is executive director. Anyone who knows me knows I simply cherish making such special bonds. Blessed.
 Interview on a mountaintop... what a view and what a thrilling “work” day hiking Camelback Mountain with Johnny Cueto - an idea with him two years in the making! Thanks everyone who helped this happen.



Jose and I go way back, as in the days of covering the Seattle SuperSonics far! Now, we reunite in Arizona and he freelances for AP to make sure we’re well covered on Bay Area teams when I’m taken elsewhere. So much appreciation for this friend and colleague’s hard work and taking stress and pressure off me.

No comments: